Wednesday 30 March 2011

Greece

Greece
Artist - Loukas Giorkas feat. Stereo Mike
Song - Watch My Dance
Draw - Semi-Final 1, Place 19

Cypriot born, Loukas Giorkas, will be representing Greece this year along with Mihalis Exarhos, commonly known as Stereo Mike.


Loukas, born in October 1986, was the winner of the first series of the Greek, X Factor. His first album, entitled "Mazi", was released in September 2009, and obtained Gold Status within Greece. Loukas is also at the University of Patras, studying Biology.


Mihalis, born in 1978, is a popular hip-hop artist who rose to fame between 2003 and 2005.
He has had three hit albums in Greece; Satirical Nomads (2004), XLI3H (2007) and Aneli3h (2011).

Loukas Giorkas and Stereo Mike won the Greek Selection on the 2nd March 2011.


The Greek song this year is "Watch My Dance", written by Giannis Christodoulopoulos & Eleana Vrahali. It is a charming mix of hip hop and contemporary laïkó.


Current Betting Odds (William Hill) - 100/1
My Prediction - I can understand the popularity of this song, yet its a slightly disappointing entry from the Greeks. This could be the first year that they don't get into the top ten......



καλή τύχη!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings and Good Luck to all participants in Eurovision Song Contest 2011…
    This year my Country Greece choose a very different song to represent us.
    The song is the ”Watch my Dance”.
    The day after the Greek contest people in Europe was so confused about what is this song.
    I would like to explain why people in Greece choose this song this year.
    We choose that song because we want to show an other way for you to know us better.

    Some people believe that the Greece is just a place for vacations. What about the Greeks, the people who lived in this place ? What are they thinking about their future?
    Europeans suffers and Greeks to.
    We have the same fears and thoughts like you. Can you feel that words?? I Know that you feel the same.All people in nowdays do.

    I was born so betrayed who am I what I ‘ll be
    What is mine in this life just the Heaven and Sea ?
    No I won’t give them up,
    they’re my fortune, my proof
    Don’t believe what you hear,
    cause their truth kills the truth

    The duty I’ve got
    is my war against fear
    and I want you with me
    yes I want you so near
    Watch my dance
    Head up high
    Hands like wings and I’ll fly

    After that we want to show you how this sadness become power.
    It’s the Zeimpekiko dace. It is an ancient Greek dance.
    Mythology said that when a person’s soul suffer, the person offer the soul’s pain to Zeus like offering a gift to god.
    The procedure was that :
    The person who has the problem started to dance with this way. Zeus was eating the pain of the soul like eating a bread.
    The dance named Zeimpekiko from two words Zeus and bekos (bread in ancient Thrace).
    After a lot of years we feel the same when we dance the Zeimpekiko.
    It’s not like Yoga but after this dance you can feel free. Your mind ,your body and your Soul become one part again. It’s difficult to me to express this feeling with words.
    So I will copy the lyrics…

    I have heard many words
    but I still won’t forget
    the language of my body
    the sound my heart makes
    so I’m staying alive
    and my losses won’t let
    my soul to surrender
    the power of loss is my bet

    I know that is difficult to believe This is a dance of philosophy and mythology.
    The dance of our past and our present.
    People dance Zeimpekiko only when they suffer.
    So come and watch our dance and wish all europeans come together to create a new tommorrow.
    I want you with me yes, I Want you so near….That’s my favourite part of the song.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0kkWFZ-v4

    And here is a video for Watch my Dance. It’s not the official video clip, it is created by me but I hope that you like it.
    Best of wishes to all participants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete